May 1, 2011

This was not a typical Saturday!

So to start things off I got out of bed at 6:50 this morning to mentally prepare for the 5K that I have been in training for for the last 8 weeks. Let me tell you 6:50 on Saturday is harder to wake up for then 5:30 on MWF hands down. I went and ran (run/walk) and completed the 5K. I did it in 46:20. That might not seem that impressive but when I think about how I did my first mile in 12 min that makes me very happy.

Then after the 5K I helped the Dukes cut the grass. Which on a riding mower I really do not mind. After a successful cutting of the grass I then proceeded to jump in the pool for a couple of hours. This was very helpful for my ability to relax and get ready for the fun and adventurous part of my day. Next I met up with some of my youth for one of the funniest things I have done in a long time.

We went and crashed prom pictures. Not only did we just show up (we were invited), but we ordered powder blue tuxedo t-shirts online to wear and they had a little message on the back of "Purity Security". The prom kids loved it and I am pumped that they loved it!

Then to cap the night off I was able to hangout with some of the other kids that did not go to prom and we had a blast! That was my Saturday and it was not a typical one for me, but I would not have changed it for anything.

No comments: